Alfie’s Driving School
About Alfie’s Driving School
- Date Established:
Alfie’s Driving School is a driving school based in Romford. It was established over 10 years ago by Leon Webster and it has over 15 driving instructors working for it. The company is well known in Romford and its one of the most popular driving schools in the area.
Alfie’s Driving School has a superb reputation. It has a large number of independent reviews and this is the sign of a good driving school. It has a 5 star rating on Google based on 53 reviews. A 4.6 rating on yell.com based on 28 reviews and a 4.9 rating on Facebook, based on 56 reviews. This many positive reviews tell us ex-students really enjoy learning to drive with the school. We always recommend choosing a driving school with a good reputation and Alfie’s definitely falls in this category. You can also find additional reviews on the school’s Freeindex page.Alfie’s Driving School Google Reviews
Price wise, Alfie’s is above the average for driving lessons in Romford. The standard price for a manual driving lesson with the school is £22. The cost of an automatic driving lesson with them is £23. There is a student discount available, where £1 is deducted of the cost for both manual and automatic lessons.
There are also some deals available with the company. New students can book their first 5 lessons for £95, or their first 10 for £189. Both prices are for manual vehicles only. It costs £105 and £209 respectively, for automatic driving lessons .
If you are looking for an intensive driving course in Romford, Alfie’s do have a number of intensive packages available. They offer their ‘Signature’ package, which consists of 26 hours training and costs £820. This works out at roughly £31.50 per hour and this is quite expensive for the Romford area. The ‘Just Getting Started’ package consists of 32 hours training and costs £990. This works out at £28.12p per hour and this is much better value. For a full list of the school’s prices click here.Alfie’s Driving School Price List
A great feature of Alfie’s driving school, is their driving instructor profiles. Each instructor has a profile on the website, with has key information about the trainer. If you are interested in booking a driving lesson with Alfie’s, read the instructor profiles first. Doing so will help you choose an instructor you are more likely to get on with. Not many driving schools in Romford list their driving instructors in this way, so we definitely recommend taking advantage of it.
Hayley is one of the school’s female driving instructors. She teaches in Toyota Yaris, she really enjoys the flexible hours and she has an 11 year old daughter, who she loves spending time with. From the reviews left on Yell.com, students like her reliability and clear instructions.Hayley is a Driving Instructor Working For Alfie’s Driving School
Claire is another of Alfie’s female driving instructors. She has been an ADI over 8 years, she’s based in Romford and loves the variety of being a driving instructor. From reviews left by ex-students, she is able to make each driving lesson interesting and engaging.Claire is a Driving Instructor Working For Alfie’s Driving School
Lee is a driving instructor working for Alfie’s Driving School and he’s been a qualified ADI for 22 years. He’s a very experienced driving instructor and enjoys helping learner drivers reach their goals. Lee has received a number of positive reviews on Google. Ex-students mention his patience and ability to fix bad habits.Lee is a Driving Instructor Working For Alfie’s Driving School
Richard is another instructor on the school’s book. He teaches in a Ford Fiesta, he trained in Romford and has been teaching over 15 years. From the testimonials on the company’s website, students love Richard’s relaxed and warm nature.Richard is a Driving Instructor Working For Alfie’s Driving School
The instructors working for Alfie’s Driving School are very experienced. Each instructor has been teaching for a number years and it one of the reason why they have so many good reviews. Learning to drive with an experienced driving instructor, greatly improves the chances of you passing in a short space of time. For a full list of the school’s driving instructors. click here.
- Areas Covered:
- Essex, Romford, Hornchuch, Barking, Basildon, Chingford, Dagenham, Epping, Ilford, Loughton, Wanstead
Prices and Services Offered
- Manual Lessons Automatic Lessons £22 per Hour £23 per Hour £21 per Hour Students £22 per Hour Students £25 Motorway Lessons £26 Motorway Lessons
- Available Courses:
- FIRST 5 Hours Manual - £95FIRST 5 Hours Automatic - £105FIRST 10 Hours Manual - £189FIRST 10 Hours Automatic - £209Standard Block Booking 10 Hours Manual - £209Standard Block Booking 10 Hours Automatic - £219Standard Block Booking Students 10 Hours Manual - £199Standard Block Booking Students 10 Hours Automatic - £209Re-test Special 8 Hours - £310Brush-up 12 Hours - £430Been a While 16 Hours - £550Confidence Booster 20 Hours - £670Alfie's Signature 26 Hours - £820Just Got Started 32 Hours - £990Beginner - £1220Pass Plus Manual - £149Pass Plus Automatic - £159
- Driving Test Booking Fee:
It costs £70 to book a manual car for a driving test and £75 for an automatic vehicle.
- Driving Test Centres Covered:
- Barking Driving Test CentreGoodmayes Driving Test CentreChingford Driving Test CentreLoughton Driving Test Centre
- Cars Used:
- Ford Fiesta, Toyota Yaris
Online Payment Accepted: Yes
Gift Vouchers Available: No
Male and Female Instructors: Yes
Automatic Driving Lessons: Yes
- Reviews on Book Learn Pass:
- Marcus N - 10/01/2017 -Loved my lessons with Alfie's Driving School. I called them after reading their reviews, what a great decision! The customer service is great, I felt like they really did care and I don't have the words to describe Leon! What a great instructor.Nathan Clarke - 12/01/2017 -Passed my test in Loughton, only had 4 minors and that's down to Alfie's. I booked the beginner package and to be honest I probably needed more lessons but booked a test anyway. I was really nervous before my first lesson but after a 2 or 3 lessons I was already feeling really confident. Definitely contact them if you want to pass your test.Sophie Drew - 15/01/2017 -Highly recommend, The best driving school in Romford and I've already made sure my sister learns with them too.Misha L - 24/01/2017 -Went to Alfie's after 20 hours with RED and feeling like I wasn't progressing. I requested a female driving instructor and got Claire. She's a great instructor and someone who's really friendly and easy to get on with. She'll never judge you even if you make a mistake, I made lots btw!