Wests School of Motoring
About Wests School of Motoring
- Date Established:
Wests School of Motoring is a driving school located in Romford Essex. Founded in 2009 by Phil West, it’s an independent driving school, serving Romford and the surrounding area. Phil is very experienced, he’s been an ADI for a number of years, and he knows the Romford area inside out. The school only provides manual lessons, however it does have a wide range of courses available.Phil West – Owner of Wests School of Motoring
The school’s standard prices are above average for the area. The cost of an hours training is £25. The cost of block booking 10 lessons is £230, however new customers are charged £180 for this. If you would like to purchase driving lessons as a gift, Wests do have gift vouchers available. A gift voucher for one lesson costs £25, while a gift voucher for 10 lessons costs £230. For a full list of the school’s packages, check out their course list page.Wests School of Motoring
According to the company’s website, it has an extremely high first time pass rate of 81%. Driving schools with a high first time pass rate tend to offer a better standard of teaching, however it is difficult to independently verify a driving school’s pass rate. When analysing a school or instructor, we look at their advertised first time pass rate and reviews left by ex-students, to determine how good the company is.
Based on its reviews, Wests School of Motoring is one of the best driving schools in Romford. It has reviews on all the major third party platforms and great ratings across the board. On Google it has a 5 out of 5 rating, based on 36 reviews. On Yell.com the school has a 5 out of 5 rating, based on 11 reviews. On Facebook the school has a 5 out of 5 rating based on 49 reviews. On Freeindex the school has a 5 out of 5 rating, based on 29 reviews. Going through the reviews, it’s clear Phil is regarded as a patient and knowledgeable driving instructor.Wests School of Motoring Training Vehicle
You can also find customer testimonials, complete with pictures on the company’s website too. Reading comments from ex-students on this page, it’s clear Wests have a number of really good driving instructors. Both Phil and Spencer are mentioned regularly as two of their best driving instructors.
If you are looking for discounted driving lessons, Wests School of Motoring have a Groupon page where they often advertise their deals. The lessons on this page are subject to availability, however it’s definitely worth following for when they do list a new offer.
- Areas Covered:
- Romford, Barking, Hornchurch, Seven Kings
- Postcodes Covered:
- RM1, RM2, RM3, RM4, RM5, RM6, RM7, RM8, RM9, RM10, RM11, RM12, RM13, RM14, RM15, RM16, RM17, RM18, RM19 and RM20
Prices and Services Offered
- One Hour £25
- Available Courses:
- Driving Test Rescue - £300Refresher Driving Course - £420Test Booster - £540Confidence Booster - £660Intermediate - £840Novice Driving Course - £1000Absolute Beginner - £1240
- Driving Test Booking Fee:
It costs £65 to hire a Wests School of Motoring car on the day of your driving test. This fee covers an hours training before the test, as well as the test itself and the drive home.
- Cars Used:
- Hyundai i20 Active 1.2L
Online Payment Accepted: No
Gift Vouchers Available: Yes
Male and Female Instructors: No
Automatic Driving Lessons: No
- Reviews on Book Learn Pass:
- Byrone - 30/11/2016 -Great lessons, Phil is a top instructor and I would book with Wests if I had to do it all again! Thankfully I don't though.Jade Townsend - 18/01/2017 -The best thing about Phil and Wests in general is how well they know Romford. He only took me on the busy roads once he knew I was ready and he made me feel really confident about the whole process. Passed in Goodmayes with only a handful of minors, most of them for driving a little too slowly.Mark Offord - 04/02/2017 -I had already take 20 lessons in the past with another driving school, however I still pretty inexperienced and kept making silly mistakes. After a few lessons with Phil, he ironed out all my bad habits and he filled me with confidence each time I got behind the wheel. Booked the refresher course and it's one of the best decisions i've ever made.John L - 16/02/2017 -Phil is a top bloke, he knows what he's doing and he's worth the money. Passed in 3 months!